Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Is Trump For Real ?

In the beginning of the current election cycle, which seems like 20 years ago, although it's probably not, I was of the opinion that Trump was in there for the sole purpose of helping Hillary win. I thought of this all by myself, and then I read someplace that other people had thought of it before I had. Some were calling him a "Trojan Horse", and others said that he was running a "false flag campaign". Ken and I discussed this, and Ken convinced me that I was wrong, but now I'm not so sure. Trump seems to be deliberately trying to lose the election, like Old Dog said. The amazing thing is that he's gotten this far. There must be a lot of people out there who are just as goofy as he is. Some time ago, somebody on Face Book said that, even if Trump loses, we will still have to live among all the people who voted for him.

Another possibility is that Trump originally ran as a spoiler to keep Cruz from getting the nomination. Maybe he didn't count on winning it himself and was just trying to siphon off enough votes so that Cruz wouldn't get it. When Trump did win the nomination, it might have inspired him to go for the gold.

Given the choice of candidates, I wonder if lots of people will just stay home on election day, which would be fine with me. Last presidential election I waited in line over an hour to vote. That's the longest I have ever waited, and I have voted in every election since 1968. It didn't do me any good, though, because Obama won anyway, but at least he didn't do it with my vote, or because I failed to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment