Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

the border part last

I knew I didn't want to get into this discussion because I know it never goes anywhere and it just goes on and on, and it gets complicated and there is a lot of confusion as to what exactly we are talking about, but Beagles rather patiently abided while I went through my six parter about my battle with the condominium board so I thought I would respond to him about the border, thinking, well I don't know what, not that it would go on for oh a week now.

It seems to me that Beagles is always conflating several different groups who are trying to cross the border which makes discussion difficult because what applies to one doesn't  apply to the other.  Actually what I think Beagles is concerned about is not so much what is going on at the border as he is about a whole lot of our neighbors to the south getting into this country and prying his ketchup out of his hands and making him eat salsa, so all these border arguments are just kind of a cover.

First there are the legal immigrants who do the paperwork and are waiting in line in their country for their opportunity to get here.  There is a quota on them and the anti immigrant forces are trying to cut it.

Then there are the regular illegal immigrants who have been coming here for maybe a hundred years, mostly Mexicans who want to make more money here than they can in Mexico.  They want to sneak across the border unseen by the border patrol and bus the tables as far north as Cheboygan.  As I said they have been doing this for a hundred years and for a hundred years there has been a hue and cry over this, but so far it doesn't seem to have toppled our Anglo government.

The new kids on the block are the asylum seekers. The asylum seekers are of course also illegal immigrants because they have to cross the border in order to claim asylum, but they are a very different subset then then the set of all illegal immigrants, and to lump them together makes no sense unless your real concern is to save your ketchup and the fuss at the border is just an excuse, like arguing states rights when your real concern is not having black kids go to your kids' school.

I think I pointed out and cited a reference in these very annals that most asylum seekers do show up for their hearings http://immigrationimpact.com/2019/01/30/asylum-seekers-show-up-for-court/#.XQjFgPlKiM8 so why would they do that if they just want to melt into the country?  I'm sure that some of them are gaming the system, but Beagles seems to be saying that they all are.  Where are his facts on this?  See here is a place where a link would be useful.  He could say:  Most asylum seekers are gaming the system and here is where I get that info: "www.asylum_seekers_gaming_system, and hopefully the article will have some actual facts rather than being just some Trumpist blowing his mouth off.

What stuff does Beagles think I don't know that is in his links?  Everything he says I have already heard.

Another morning wasted.  Well I had intended to return to the subject of sin, which I know both dawgs hate, the subject, and the deed also I assume, so maybe it is just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment