Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Social Media Part One

 I don't think he knew what he was talking about, and maybe he still doesn't.  

I don't see a lot of daylight between the former statement and the following:

 you have a stable genius, pardon me very stable genius running the country who loves raising the roof over this, and a senate majority that slobbers over each other to kiss his feet. 

except maybe for the addition of the Senate majority who are basically irrelevant to anything anyway.

Historically, mass migrations like this usually end up with the survivors assimilating each other after a period of conflict. 

What does this mean?  How can survivors (or anybody?)  assimilate each other?  What sort of conflict?  Whatever is Beagles talking about?

See we have had this discussion before which chiefly consists of Beagles hysterically thinking somehow they are going to take over the country, and proposing a bunch of crackpot schemes where it is left up to me to correct his mistaken facts and basically do all the research, and I'm not going to do that anymore.


I have been a member of an improv group for about five years now, we have had a couple leaders in that time, but there is also a rough democracy,  The improvers are consulted for their opinions and sometimes they give them without being consulted, and this wastes a lot of time.  What one person says inspires someone else to say something, which inspires still another, and so on and so on, and meanwhile the boards lay before us untrodden.  I come to improv to trod them and not to listen to a bunch of yak yak.

I got to thinking we need to have some other sort of forum, one where people can discuss their ideas without taking up board time.  Well of course The Institute is the gold standard for forums, but I didn't see my fellow improvers as likely to write multi paragraphed posts, so I thought maybe I could interest them with something that encourages shorter responses and is pretty easy to use and I thought why not Facebook?

A multi paragraph post on the subject will follow but it will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment