Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

ketchup or salsa

As I mentioned early I would have loved to have more people join me in my cause.  I tried to get others to help me get signatures but I was not successful.  It's kind of work, and it's kind of embarrassing and people fear the board a little.  I didn't have much faith in getting people to email the board because I didn't think most people would follow through.  Some people will tell you anything to get rid of you and some people will just forget.  Also I would have no record of who had sent what, that would be in the hands of the board and they could say whatever about that.

As I've said previously, the 200 names would only have forced a consideration and my 100 names have already accomplished that.  I don't have the data to do this online.  In retrospect maybe I could have asked for the emails of those signing the petition, but I was afraid that would deter them from signing. 

I said earlier that I was thinking of sending an email to Laura, the committee chief who I thought was on my side, asking what is going on with this survey formulation.  I did send her one yesterday and this morning she has written me back that she has been circulating that around with the original members of the committee.  Naturally my blood is boiling.  I wrote her back that I thought i was going to be part of the formulation.  I was going to write back more but I am too angry at the moment.  I have to let myself cool down and let reason return.


The reason this border thing continues to fester is that you have a stable genius, pardon me very stable genius running the country who loves raising the roof over this, and a senate majority that slobbers over each other to kiss his feet.  What do you expect to happen?

There are a lot of refugee camps all over the world, there are Palestinian camps that are as old as the members of The Institute.  The refugees do the best they can but mostly these are sub par places.  The reasons these countries established the camps is that they didn't want the refugees mixing with their populace so the people cannot leave them,

There are a lot of small towns like in Iowa and Nebraska that as Beagles has described have been losing populations, but meatpacking plants have moved in and hired a lot of Mexican immigrants who live in the town and rent houses and pay taxes.  At first the local Gringos were appalled but when they saw their towns prospering again they changed their minds and did not mind salsa replacing the ketchup in their diners. Everything is fine until ICE moves in and hauls all the migrants away.

No comments:

Post a Comment