Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2019

A Hummer in the Garage


I don't remember if I showed you guys these pictures last year, but a certain amount of memory loss is normal at my age.  Funny how birds can find their way into a building easier than they can find their way out.  This guy came in through the big garage door but, for some reason, it was determined to get out through this window, which was closed and had a screen on it.  I tried to gently steer it towards the door with a broom, but it was having none of that.  When it finally exhausted itself I tried unsuccessfully to pick it up and carry it out.  As soon as my hand made contact, though, the bird bolted out the big door just like it knew it was there all along.

I don't know why some people who feed the birds don't want to feed the squirrels as well.  I have seen designs for squirrel proof bird feeders, but I understand that the squirrels figure most of them out sooner or later.  We don't feed anything around the house because there are problems associated with the practice.  We see plenty of wildlife through our windows anyway.  I had a trail camera set out last summer, but I haven't put it out yet this year.  I've got pictures of deer, birds, racoons, opossums, rabbits, and kitties, if anybody's interested.  I'm pretty sure that I posted pictures of the young eagle that got stuck in our dog pen but, if not, just say the word.

I thought that I knew what improv was, but now I'm not so sure.  I saw those brief videos that Uncle Ken posted on Face Book, but they just confused me.  Were they of the skit itself or the discussion that went into planning the skit beforehand?  Either way, I got the impression that those people were just fooling around and acting silly, but what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment