Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The White Shadow?

I looked it up on Wiki, and all I could find were references to fictional characters in a few old movies and a TV show. I assume that the current White Shadow was named after one of them, probably by Uncle Ken himself. It would be helpful if he would tell us this person's real name so we can look it up and find out who he is talking about. When I said that I was tired of hearing about this Russian thing, I meant in the news reports, which are mostly repetitive and redundant. I wouldn't mind discussing it on this forum, but first I have to be brought up to speed.

When you say that the matter has already been brought to court, does that mean that one or more people have been arrested and formally charged with a crime? It is my understanding that there is an investigation in progress, but I haven't heard about anybody being charged with anything yet. In a previous post I asked what those nasty Russians have allegedly done to tamper with our elections, and Uncle Ken said that they posted some fake news on the internet. If that's a crime, then they'd better start building more prisons because lots of people do that every day, and I doubt that many of them ask Trump's permission before they do it.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that there is a concern that the Russians, the Islamic terrorists, or the Republicans might be able to hack into the voting records. What good would that do them? Those records show who voted, but the don't show how they voted. Until a few years ago, our local voting records were kept in a loose leaf binder at the county clerk's office, and I think that anybody could ask to see them if they wanted to. I have observed the election workers using that book, and there was no attempt to keep it a secret. There was a printed list of the names of all the registered voters and, when you voted, the lady crossed out your name with a yellow magic marker to prevent you from voting more than once. The last time I voted, I saw that all that stuff has now been put on a computer. Nothing wrong with that, but I hope they back it up with a hard copy, or at least a CD, because computers can be hacked. Well, I don't know, can a computer be hacked if it's not connected to the internet? Why would they need to connect this one to the internet anyway? The old loose leaf binder certainly wasn't connected to the internet, and it worked just fine.

And what's with all those email scandals? I delete all my emails when I'm done with them, and I assumed that everybody did, especially ones that might be incriminating, or even just embarrassing. It's like Nixon with those Watergate tapes. Why did he make them in the first place, and why didn't he destroy them as soon as the heat was turned on? Speaking of Nixon, I don't think he was ever formally charged with anything. He resigned before he could be impeached, and his successor Gerald Ford issued a blanket pardon for anything he might have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment