Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2017

Home Schooling

Uncle Ken doesn't seem to understand how home schooling works. Maybe they don't have it in Illinois, or maybe they call it something different. I understand that they're doing it online now, but the program my niece was in was all done with old fashioned papers and books. Her parents bought the materials and the lesson plans from some company and proceeded to teach their own kids. It's not for everybody, but some kids who don't thrive in a bricks and mortar school do quite well in a home school and have no trouble getting into the college of their choice. My niece was a self starter, while her parents had to give special attention to her younger brother who needed more help. After awhile, my niece just took responsibility for her own education. She would read the lesson plans and then complete the work on her own. The reason she quit at noon was that she had completed all the work assignments that had been designated for that day. Last I heard, she was attending college in Florida, but she has probably graduated by now. We don't have a lot of contact with that branch of the family. I don't think anybody's mad at anybody, they just move a lot and don't always inform us of their latest address.

Speaking of not understanding things, who the hell is Da Mooch and what the hell is Sandy Hook?

I'm not saying that they shouldn't conduct the investigation, I'm just saying that I'm not interested in following it like you guys do. I would be interested in any conclusions they come up with, but I don't have the patience to sit through all this "he said-she said".

Speaking of investigations, I read in our local paper that Hillary sent some 60,000 emails while she was Secretary of State. She has turned half of them over to the investigators, but claims to have deleted the other half because they were personal and had nothing to do with government business. It may be those 30,000 lost emails that Trump was trying to recover when he allegedly colluded with those Russian hackers, but that's just speculation at this point. My question is: How can anybody send 60,000 emails in the few years that Hillary was Secretary of State? I haven't done the math, but it seems like she wouldn't have had time to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment