Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

God Bless Tiny Tim

Thank you, Old Dog, for finding those two links for me. Your internet search skills greatly exceed mine. It seems that I had some of the lyrics wrong, but I remembered the general gist of the song after all these years. The Sullivan clip was from 1970, and we didn't have a TV then, so I must have seen it at somebody else's house. The other one with the little girls was better without the distortion. Far from being frightened, it looked like they were enjoying it, even joining in to sing the chorus.

I always wondered what Tiny Tim's attraction was in those days, but then I wondered that about a lot of entertainers, and still do. I suppose it's something like the old Red Green Show, people admire anybody who has the guts to get up on a stage and deliberately make a complete fool of himself. Anybody can make a fool of themselves by accident, but to do it on purpose, and get paid for it, takes real talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment