Search This Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Send in the clowns

I don't know how it is today, but way back when you could go to the Board of Election Commissioners in City Hall and get any list of registered voters you wanted.  They were listed by precinct and included the address (but not phone number, you had to look those up) of the voter.  I think they were free but the memory is fuzzy.  I know this because I was involved in a campaign with a pal of mine; he wanted to set up a business doing polling, research, and fund raising for a local guy running for state rep against the Democratic Machine.  His guy lost, so that was the end of that.

-----

Uncle Ken mentioned putting a movie in his Netflix queue, and I asked him about this at one of the seminars.  As a Netflix customer, can he not also view streamed movies?  Netflix is starting to develop it's own original programming and I don't know if it is available on DVD.  They have a TV show which should be right up his alley, a program called GLOW, which deals with the world of ladies' professional wrestling.  Another Netflix original is the film Okja, a curious hybrid of a movie that has received much favorable critical response.  It was directed by the same Korean guy who directed The Host and Snowpiercer and I thought the movie was much better than average.  I like movies that go into directions that are unpredictable.

-----

The previous discussion about Tiny Tim got me thinking about another unique performance artist, but this one is current and has a growing fan base.  I first saw him about a year ago on one of early morning WGN newscasts.  Imagine a  6' 7" tall clown, of the sad, white clown, variety.  He is totally mute except when he sings, which he does quite well.  There are plenty of YouTube videos, including his America's Got Talent audition.  Gentlemen, I present for your enjoyment, Puddles Pity Party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgzsJjOVG4



No comments:

Post a Comment