Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2017

Let 'Em Come!

I still don't understand why everybody is making such a big deal about the Russians these days. They gave up Communism a long time ago, and they never were as much of a threat as we were led to believe even when they had Communism. Are they still fooling around with the Ukraine? We haven't heard much about that lately, but that doesn't mean it's not still going on. Then there's that thing in Syria, which is such a mess anyway that I don't see how the Russians can make it any worse. If I was in charge, I'd just let them have Syria as well as the rest of the Mideast, except for Israel. That whole region was better off when it was being ruled by outsiders, but I doubt that the British or even the Turks want it back now, so give it to the Russians. I'm getting really tired of hearing about their alleged interference in our elections too, just like I did with that ruckus about Hillary's emails. If anybody has any actual proof that a crime was committed, they should take it to court. If not, they should just shut up about it already.

I found the old "Meeting of Minds" show on You Tube, and I watched one episode the other night. I intended to just check it out, not watch the whole thing but, once I got into it, it held me spellbound for the entire 58 minutes. This wasn't the first episode because they made reference to a previous episode. I also seem to remember that, in the first episode, Steve Allen explained the format, and he didn't do that in this one. I understand that they only made a total of six episodes and spaced them out over several years. It must have been re-runs that we saw because they ran one episode a week, leading us to believe it was a regular show, but then it was replaced by something else. The more I think about it, it must have been after 1980 that we saw them because my hypothetical wife seems to remember that we were living in our house on Townline Road at the time. I tend to agree with her because we had better reception there than we did at our previous house in Indian River. Our PBS channel was a weak signal anyway wherever we lived, and sometimes we couldn't pick it up at all in Indian River. The reception at Beaglesonia was the worst of all and, after a couple years of that, we got our satellite dish.

Like I said, we don't watch as much TV as some people, and we won't watch something that we don't like. There are maybe a dozen shows over they years that we have really liked, and we have most of them on DVD. If we could find "Meeting of Minds" on DVD, our collection would be complete, except for "The Big Bang Theory". We have all nine seasons, and will pick up the tenth when it becomes available this fall. I heard somewhere that they have been promised at least two more seasons, and I'm sure that we'll buy them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment