Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2020

Who is The Man?

It's not often, in fact it is hardly ever, that I get a chance to scourge back at The Scourge, and thusly do I present this photo of a typical cornstalk..  One ear per stalk?  What has he been smoking now that he has given up tobacco?

I've always said that little kids are inherently good.  I noticed that subbing the K's and the 1's.  Whenever somebody in the class started crying, or was perceived to have been on the wrong end of the stick of some unfair behavior, his classmates would be upset.  I use it to bolster my argument that we are inherently good and it is not something we learn in school or church.

That Bloonberg/Hilary ticket is just one pundit's pipe dream.  I think he just used her name to get himself some ink.  I didn't think that Bloomberg ever had a chance, but he is doing well in the polls. with no real qualifications outside of a huge sack of money.  I would like to think my ilk was of sterner stuff than that.

When I use the term ilk, I am referring to oh, democrats in general.  I am not really talking about myself but people in general who are apt to vote as I vote and to believe in The Liberal Agenda.  If you took a dive in the deep blue or red sea, you would find that they are not as alike as they appear from a distance and few of them are doctrinaire in all things.  Ilk is kind of a disparaging word, and /I use it to leaven political discussions with a bit of humor.


The thing is Euclid's axioms are pretty simple things, you'd look pretty stupid denying them.  And things like is that tree in your front yard or backyard, or how many people attended the inaugurations are pretty cut and dried and easy to ascertain, and from the facts on the Earth The Liberal Agenda follows like the day follows the night,  But of course even though the inauguration numbers are indisputable, you can deny them, you can just say no.  To me this is the worst thing about Trump.  He denies that facts are facts, and he gets a willing crowd of a third of the people in the country and this denies the method of The Liberal Agenda.  I don't mind saying it again. 


I tried to get some data from the web about Obama voters turning to Trump.   Most of the data was for 2012 Obama voters, but I was looking for 2008 when Obama was much more the outsider voice for change, but 13 percent of those who voted for Obama in 2012 went for Trump in 2016,  When you examine the politics of the well-educated and well-informed you can place them to the right or the left on a political chart, like that test we all took a year or two ago, but when you get to the less well-educated and informed, you are descending into a quantum foam where left and right, democrat and republican, ideas just bob along chaotically.


Wiki appears to agree with me that stick it to the man is from the sixties.  Certainly the cops were The Man, the military too, very authoritarian, usually in uniform, types were The Man.  I guess it extended through all these beefy white men all the way up to the prez.  Part of this was The Liberal Agenda, fighting institutional racism etc, but part of it was just adolescent rebellion, thumbing your nose at the teacher (who was certainly The Man).  Even though he is prez, Trump is not The Man to the Trumpists.  The Man is everybody who is opposed to Trump, increasingly it is becoming The Deep State, a shadowy concept, but all the better for that because then it can be anything.  To the Trumpist's he is them, he is their embodiment, a win for him is a win for them, and anybody who criticizes Trump is criticizing them personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment