Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

What Went Wrong? 6.1

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBZU9yG?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

I found this on my news app tonight, I don't know if it helps or not.  It asks the same question that Uncle Ken has been asking, and it gives some answers, but I don't know if any of them are the correct answers.  I think what it is saying is that, to beat Trump this time around, it will take a better candidate than Hillary was the last time around, and Bernie Sanders is not it.

I am reminded of an old quote from a politician whose name I don't remember.  When asked why he had lost the election, this guy said, "The other candidate got more votes."  In this case, you would have to add one more word to the quote to make it accurate: "The other candidate got more electoral votes."  It's the same principle, though.  I think that Trump is only the third or fourth minority president we've ever had.  One of them was Abraham Lincoln, another one was Bush the Second, and there may have been one more, but I don't remember who it was.  JFK came close, but I seem to remember that, although he got only slightly more popular votes than Nixon, he got way more electoral votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment