Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

all taters are the same

So here's the thing Beagles.  When you said you had heard that illegals are voting in California, you did not know if that was a fact or not.  You only knew that you had heard it somewhere, but you did not know where that was.  My suspicion is it was an echo of that Trump quote that I put up a link to.  That quote in turn was an echo of something made up up on the conspiracy part of the web, repeated by the late night Foxies, and then picked up by Trump and from there floated by, well I'm guessing by some right wing columnist or maybe a letter from the editor.  Though I think Beagles is misguided, I do think he is an honest man and will have to admit that when he wrote about what he heard he was thinking they were voting regularly in regular elections.  Even if Beagles believes that voting for school boards in a few local elections is not small potatoes, I believe he would have to admit that this is indeed a smaller potato than voting in regular elections throughout the whole state.

You know I have heard that people in Michigan are brandishing AR 15s on the streets of their cities.  Oh wait, what it turns out is actually happening is some old fart on the edge of a swamp was carrying Old Betsy from the trunk of his car to his deer blind.  Can I nevertheless call myself vindicated, and claim that the former statement still holds in all its glory?  I think not?

I don't think illegal aliens should vote in national or state elections either. I think it's okay if they vote in a school board election because their kids are going to the school, and their taxes are supporting it.  Why shouldn't they have a say in it.  Beagles makes a case that they are criminals, but aren't criminals allowed to vote?  Does Beagles have to prove that he is not a criminal when he goes to the polls?

Where despite his dalliance with minor oddballs like Walsh and Weld, we can be pretty sure that he will be voting for Trump.  I think he claimed at one point that if the dems nominated someone he approved of he might not vote for Trump, but I cannot think of a dem that Beagles would approve of.  At last night's debate the rightmost candidate, Amy, came out strongly for some kind of gun control, and Beagles is sworn to oppose anybody that he suspects might be glancing sideways at Old Betsy. 

Of course none of the dem candidates has come out against Old Betsy, but they may have said nasty things about her murderous nephews of that AR 15 ilk.  Which, much as some illegals voting in local elections is the same size tater as all illegals in California voting in national elections, and Beagles toting Old Betsy across the street is the same as mobs waving AR 15s in the streets of all of Michigan, and is reason aplenty for giving Trump four more years.

I'm pretty sure Walsh (how did he become Alligator?) is out of the race.  I couldn't tell you if Weld is still alive or not.  Not that it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment