Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

while the forest burns

My time of tending bar at the Wigwam preceded the appearance of the girl who was to have no legs and her no account boyfriend, in any rate if she had recognized me as a guy who hung out there I don't think she would have found it worth mentioning, after all she was the girl who wrote the songs.  I went to a Champaign Urbana History facebook page that I frequent to find out more about that Angel character.  He had always seemed sinister, but I don;t remember him actually doing anything bad, and the information from the page was that some people liked him and that he found a nice girl and settled down.  It's a little disappointing.  I wanted to ask about the girl with no legs, but I wasn't sure how to put the question and it seemed a bit ill-willed to be going into that.

I'll think about more stories.  Would fiction be ok?

I see where Trump has taken to calling his opponents the three stooges while the RNC is working to keep any other candidates off the ballots, and to discourage any primaries at all. I am curious as to what viable candidates are not being heard? If they are not being heard how can they be considered viable?  There are only three likely candidates among the dems at this point, and I don't see any dark horse stealing the show.  The dems are too damn serious about getting rid of Trump for any frivolity.  Biden is a mystery to me.  After not challenging the Big Girl, I thought that he was done running for president, and when he did announce I thought he would never get any traction.  I think his main support came from the anything to beat Trump crowd, whose aims I respect, but more and more he is looking like an empty suit.

Social credit in the USA is nothing new, way back we used to put people in stocks, and as I recall being different from the herd was looked on in disfavor in the fifties.  The difference is that now we have the technology to enforce it, but I was not too impressed with the examples the second article provided, especially that Patronscan.  I think it's illegal to keep somebody out of your establishment because their name appears on some list. 

I too find those satellite photos of the burning forests apocalyptic.  Meanwhile G7 hasn't much to say, Trump is calling it fake news, like the greatly exaggerated estimates of Warren's crowds compared to the billions who throng to his rants, and how about the Trump of the south refusing money to fight the fires because he feels insulted by Macron?  And notice how insulting the king (ala Trump and Denmark, and what is so insulting about the word 'absurd?') is being equated with insulting the country, like those French kings before the guillotine he declared that they were the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment