Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

the fly facing the swatters

Even though our causes are different Beagles's experience with the humane society seems to be a lot like mine with the board in the sense of one against many, and the many all seem to know each other and you don't know any of them, and they all present this face of geniality and openness, but they already know what they are going to do, and they'll swat you away, not with a fly swatter, but with a gentle brush of a soft cloth, but even as they do so they make you aware of the fly swatter in the other hand behind their back/ 

I think that's why lobbyists like to hire ex-politicians, people who were once part of the crowd that all knew each other.  It's one thing to know how the operations of the committee look on paper, but the way it actually works is something different.  That was LBJ's power, he could look at a committee and soon see who was powerful and who was not, who had an agenda and who was along for the ride, who was rigid and who was more pliant.

The board did do a survey.  They are still tabulating the results (which sounds a little suspicious to me, how long can this take?), and I guess it will be revealed in time, and I don't want to make a fuss because I don't want people to think I am a crackpot.  At some unannounced time there will be a meeting of the rules of regs which I will be invited to attend.  This is the committee that is stacked against me, but I think after that it will go to the board which is I think pretty split in on the issue.  I am keeping pretty quiet so far, partly because it seems like a good strategy, and partly because the whole thing takes a toll on me.  The more I run it through my head the angrier I get, and the angrier I get the less able I am able to do the things I enjoy.

That whole strategy of divide and conquer, dogs vs trappers, bows vs shooters, shotguns vs high powered rifles sounds awfully complicated and I'm surprised that they would openly proclaim such a sneaky tactic, but maybe fanatics were running the show back in the 70's.


Saw the jumping worms on tv.  They don't seem to jump that high or often, not like those Asian carps that smack fishermen in the face, so I don't expect to be smacked by worms as I stroll through the park.

I don't know what to make of that Lawrence Person guy, and I didn't want to spend the whole morning trying to figure it out.  Anybody can use the term clown car and we have our fringes, that new age babe in particular, though I am intrigued by Yang.  Anyway I think you will find fewer rubber noses and big shoes among the the 20 dems than you would have found among the 12 and 16 reps/

I guess as a good citizen I should pay more attention to what the candidates say in long interviews, everybody kind of looks like they are wearing a rubber nose and big shoes in a debate.  Anyway it seems like now we are down to the big four, and Sanders and Harris are fading.  Biden is fading a bit also, but he started out way ahead and right now he is the favorite of the Beat Trump At Any Cost crowd.  My candidate, Warren is soaring, but you know what happens when you get too close to the sun.  And of course when the race narrows a dark horse becomes more attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment