Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2019

Eye of the beholder

Another thing I found out was that I had that guy's name wrong, it's not Web it's Weld, which explains why Uncle Ken couldn't find anything about him.

I can understand a little name confusion but I'm surprised that you guys don't seem to recollect that Bill Weld was Gary Johnson's running mate for the Libertarian Party in 2016.  During the few interviews I saw of the two I thought that Johnson was too flaky for my tastes but Weld was a very solid guy and should have been the presidential candidate, not Johnson.  And now he's a Republican again, go figure.

-----

I read today that the water level in Lake Michigan is approaching a record high, and that means Lake Huron, too.  A couple of beaches in Chicago are gone and I was wondering if Lake Huron is going to encroach on Beaglesonia any time soon, providing Mr. Beagles with some prime lakefront property.

-----

Unless I've missed something there hasn't been a shooting with automatic weapons in the last few days and I saw something interesting.  It seems that, on a per bullet basis, an automatic assault rifle is much less effective that a regular rifle, or even a muzzle loader like the esteemed Old Betsy.  In a combat situation it can take many thousands of rounds to kill only one of the enemy.  I don't have the statistics at hand but it sounds reasonable to me; one of the functions of a fully automatic weapon is to provide suppressive fire and not necessarily to kill an individual enemy.  I'm not going to go any further with this train of thought lest we start discussing the ins and outs of mass shootings but be glad those nuts aren't using shotguns.

-----

I thought of another past news item that was a big deal but has disappeared: that hole in the International Space Station.  That was about a year ago and it still seems to be unresolved.  It must not be important because we are still pals with the Russkies and using their rockets.

But what about that Epstein fellow and his suicide this weekend?  Hoo, Boy!  Did you ever see a bigger can of worms to inspire the conspiratorial loonies among us?  There are many forces at play here, guys, and it's just beginning.  Maybe it's all connected, the Mueller Report, Russian election meddling, aliens and Area 51, Pizzagate, Clinton emails, the Illuminati, the Elders of Zion, and earworms from the pen of Irving Berlin.

And if you want to see something really strange do a Google on "Podesta Art Collection" and see what John Podesta's brother is up to.  The guy has disturbing taste in art, neither an ear of corn nor a kitty cat to be found.  I'm surprised the Trumpists haven't jumped all over this one but maybe they're part of it, a society for the appreciation of underwear-clad children.


No comments:

Post a Comment