Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

When we Were an Obama Nation

Thanks to Uncle Ken for providing that link about the Republican primary.  It seems that I was right about them not being able to keep somebody off the ballot, but that rule can be changed, although not in time for the 2020 election.  Presidential primaries are weird anyway, and there are differences from state to state.  Seems like a strange way to run a country.  I don't know anything about Bill Web, but he might give me somebody besides Trump to vote for, so he couldn't be all bad.  I'm know I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm not looking forward to having to choose between Trump and the Libertarian candidate.

Of course Obama didn't manufacture any guns, he just inspired others to buy them.  I think I've told you guys about some of my internet contacts who believed the Apocalypse was upon us because the US had become an Obama nation before the Lord.  Then there were others who were in a hurry to stock up on guns and ammunition because they believed that Obama was going to make them hard to come by.  He might have too, if he hadn't squandered most of his political capital on that health care thing.  I remember reading in one of my hunting magazines at the time that ARs were priced way too high because of the increased demand, and that many of them would turn up later on the used market at more reasonable prices.  I don't know if that came true or not, but I did read that the demand went way down after Trump was elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment