Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

what's the story morning glory?

That whole bungalow story, that was all prelude to my yearly trip back to the hood, but then it started raining and kept on raining and I never did make that trip so I don't have much to say on the subject.

We in Illinois know Joe Walsh well, basically a washed-up loudmouth who has some talk show on some second-rate radio station.  Likely this whole bid is to pump up his radio show.  I saw him announce Sunday and since then I've seen him all over the airwaves.  Here's a video of his gator speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yund53Mwoqs, note the clever visual aid.  I guess voting for this guy would be the next best thing to writing in Mickey Mouse

Under the current electoral college system the votes of Old Dog and myself will drown in a sea of blue and mean nothing.  Beagles's vote however, in the purple state of Michigan, will be meaningful, and while he may toy with opposition to the orangeman in the primary, he will vote for him in the general election.  Perhaps he will be so disgusted that he will stay home, that is the best that I can hope for.

Speaking of the orangeman doesn't he seem to be imploding of late, changing his position in hours instead of in days previously?  Well I have been predicting his downfall since he lumbered down that escalator so what do I know?


I'm glad Beagles liked the story.  It's been rumbling around in my mind for years, I have written it out a couple times before and know it's shape well.  Well you know it fascinates me, we go about our lives, our days, and this happens and then that, not much of it with meaning, mostly a random stumble, but sometimes events stick in our minds, and ,maybe they relate to other things and then we can put them together, delete some meaningless details, make other details pop, and then we have a story, something that all hangs together, and is out of the realm of the everyday humdrum of our everyday lives. 

I'd like to hear, and tell, more stories in The Institute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment