Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Spring ahead short take

I haven't seen The Last Detail but there are a whole bunch of good films that I haven't gotten around to yet.  I remember that Charles Laughton version of the hunchback movie but also the Lon Chaney original and the version from the 50s that starred Anthony Quinn; a good story is worth retelling.  There was even an animated Disney version from the mid-90s but I don't recall many details except there were a lot of songs and the ending wasn't tragic as I recall.

-----

Last week I commented on how Mardi Gras snuck up on me and last night I realized the another thing snuck up on me, Daylight Saving Time, and the semi-annual fiddling with the clocks.  I'm not going  to say that Daylight Saving Time is a dumb idea but I think it's more of a habit than a necessity and it's time that we got rid of it.  Never happen, though.  Pennies are pretty useless too and yet we cling to them even though they cost more than a penny each to make.  No wonder the government finds itself running out of money.

And speaking of money, last week my bank notified me that there was suspicious activity on my debit card and they flagged it.  I went to the bank yesterday and dealt with a human to straighten the mess out; some things are best done in person and I should be receiving a new card shortly.  I'd like to know how the bad guys got my number.  I'm very careful with these kinds of things and suspect they just got lucky this time with the way they generate those numbers.  The lady at the bank says this kind of thing happens a lot, which is scary since there isn't much that we can do about it except practice the normal precautions.


No comments:

Post a Comment