Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Breaking the cycle

It looks like a new record has been set in the annals of Beaglesonia: three consecutive posts by the same author.  Uncle Ken, take a bow!  Your self discipline and ability to adhere to a regular schedule is commendable; I lack your tenacity of spirit and the written word doesn't flow as easily for me as it does for you.  There are a lot of times that I can't think of anything worth saying, or I forget what I wanted to say and the topic has moved on.  And then there are times that I like to skip a few days just to see the response from Uncle Ken, wondering if he's going to make mountains out of any molehills.

-----

That's a sad tale about your buddy from Champaign, Uncle Ken, but what can you really do?  People make choices and decide how they want to live their lives, like it or not, and if the fire in the belly is quenched you may end up sitting in front of a big TV, waiting for it all to end.  Has the cause of death been determined yet?  I wonder if your friend had a sense that the end was near, maybe an undiagnosed fatal disease, and decided not to fight it.  Hogwash, I know, but you never know about these things and I think there are a lot of people that just get tired of living.

-----

Petoskey is in the news again, this time in The Daily Mail in the UK.  There is an underwater crucifix that has been drawing plenty of gawkers now that a hole in the ice has been cleared.  Has the viewing of the crucifix become an annual event up there, Mr. Beagles?

-----

Say what you will about Daylight Saving Time, it could have been worse.  There was a proposal to adjust the time in twenty minute increments, three Sundays in a row.  Not a lot fun, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment