Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

More on DST

There was an article about DST in our local paper by Joel Achenbach of the Washington Post.  I'm having trouble finding it on line, so I will summarize it.  Legislation has been introduced by Senator Marco Rubio to make DST a year round thing, just as I proposed in my last post.  It's nice to know that influential people like him are being influenced by The Beaglesonian Institute.  Uncle Ken reported reading about Trump making the same proposal, but I didn't see Trump's name in the article and, last I heard, Rubio was not one of Trump's biggest fans, so he must have gotten the idea from me.  No other explanation makes sense.

There was a thing about that underwater crucifix on the TV news the other day.  I don't remember if they said that the winter viewing is an annual event, but the crucifix was placed there by scuba divers some time ago, so I suppose other divers could go see it at any time of year.

We got up into the 40s today and are supposed to get up into the 50s tomorrow with substantial rain.  Such weather is not unusual for us this time of year, but it doesn't mean that winter is over. There will be more snow and cold weather to come, but I will be happy if it just stays above zero.  

I also would be interested in reading about the life of Uncle Ken's recently deceased friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment