Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Sanctuary! Sanctuary!

Here's an interesting item that I just found on my news app:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBUlu1b?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

Well, why not?  If the libs can have sanctuary cities, why can't we?  Another thing for the courts to chew on.

As for me, all I want is a sanctuary from this winter.  I have seen colder and snowier winters, but I was a lot younger in those days.  We ran out of firewood just in time for the latest sub-zero cold snap.  Our gas furnace has not run this much since we moved here in 2000, and it's beginning to groan in protest.  It's a forced air system, and it's starting to make funny sounds when the blower kicks on, not every time, but it has us kind of worried.  I'm sure that, if I call somebody in, it won't do it when he's here and, as soon as he leaves, it will do it again.  That's how those things work you know.  My pick-up truck has been glitching like that for some time now.  I get these alarms telling me that my brakes are failing or my battery is over charging, but they go away before I can get the truck into the shop.  They did an analytic on it and their computer assured them that there was nothing wrong.  Well, of course not!  Those things are all in it together you know.

Now where was I?  Oh yeah, sanctuary.  I used to wonder why all those "snowbirds"  go to Florida for the winter, and I'm beginning to understand why.  I'm not so sure about Florida being a good winter sanctuary anymore, though, what with the tornadoes and floods they have been experiencing lately.  I understand that Arizona is nice this time of year, but I hear it's being over run with illegal immigrants.  I know some people in Chicago who might be able to put me up but, with my luck, it will sink out of sight as soon as I get there.  The weight of one more person might be all it takes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment