Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Legislative Overkill

The condo cat issue could have been easily resolved by simply limiting the allowable number of cats in each unit.  All the other stuff was legislative overkill.  It would not be necessary to conduct regular cat inspections either.  All they would have to do is, if somebody files a cat complaint, pay a visit to the cat person and see how many cats they have.  If they have too many cats, you tell them that they have so many days to come into compliance or eviction proceedings will be initiated.  Then do it.  The purpose of the rule should not have been to get the cat haters off the board's back, the purpose of the rule should have been to allow responsible cat owners to keep a reasonable number of cats without making their neighbors miserable.  I would be interested in hearing how the whole thing turned out, and maybe Uncle Ken will tell us.

I was going to challenge Uncle Ken's assertion that most illegal immigrants are harmless but, for the purposes of discussion, let us assume that the assertion is correct.  Like any other group of people, I'm sure there are some good ones and some bad ones, but that's not my point.  My point has always been that there are just too many of them for the current system to handle.  The way to solve that is by either limiting the number of them coming in or changing the system to accommodate the number that are currently overwhelming it.  Doing nothing serves the best interests of nobody, including the immigrants themselves.  Apparently somebody has told them that it's easy to get into the US, and they must be disappointed when they find out that it isn't.  

I have previously asked my esteemed colleagues if they had any other ideas about solving this problem, and they have denied that there even is a problem.  Well, if everything is fine the way it is, why are there articles in the news almost every day about the issue?  Like I said, all I know about this is what the news media has told me.  Of course the news media is not a perfect source of information, but it's all I've got to work with.  Do my esteemed colleagues have a better source of information to which they can refer me?

Here's another one:   https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBVmpL9?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

No comments:

Post a Comment