Search This Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2017

nothing much to say, nothing much going on

Well of course I haven't  owned a car in close to fifty years, nor have I had much interest in doing so.  In Champaign I could get everywhere I wanted to go by bike and here in Chicago I can get everywhere by public trans.  Cars are just a time and  money hole, insurance and licenses and gas and repairs, and having to look for a parking place and having to put money in the meter when you get there.  Lord, I don't  know how people live like that.

I don't much like them on the street level either, loud and a bit smelly, and when I get the red light I have to wait for them to cross before I can go, and even when I have the green I have to watch out for them because you never know.  And the awful damage they do the environment, and those extremely loathsome SUVs that block your view so you can't see what traffic is coming through.

But at night, from my balcony, they are a symphony of lights.  White approaching, red receding moving in flocks to the beat of the stoplights.  And way down, close to a mile eastwards, even at 3 in the morning they are tracing their delicate paths across the Lake Shore Drive bridge.  Priceless.

But this is just looking at them, that is all I am interested in.  If I had to buy one, I would buy the one that gave me the greatest bang for my buck and I wouldn't care what it looked like.

You dawgs.  The power of words to stir men's souls, lost visions of the future, and you can't think of anything to write about?  My goodness.  I don't know. I just don't know.


Not that it matters, the world is in flames. or fire and fury like the world has never known as the prez so skillfully and tactfully sums it up, and we are hoping that the maniacal despot is more rational than the guy that we highly educated Americans chose to lead our country in a free and fair election.

No comments:

Post a Comment