Search This Blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

Mighty blowhards propelling The Beagle

I'm not complaining about you dawgs going on about something I'm not interested in like, oh, ice cream making machines.  By the way how is that all going, haven't heard a word since, I believe last winter,  Well I do complain about it, sort of, but that just gives me something to say.  What I am complaining about is you dawgs having nothing to say about anything.  I mean how can a Beaglestonian have nothing to say?  It doesn't sound right, doesn't sound natural.  Doesn't a forum for reasonable discussion among reasonable people translate to guys who like to shoot their mouths of about anything at anytime?  That's what I thought I was signing onto when I began my Voyage of the Beagle.

I thought the discussion on cars was interesting, I was just surprised that neither dawg cared much what they looked like.  Well Old Dog gussied his up into a southern belle nookie wagon.  I would sure like to hear more stories about that.  Is there any chance that a photo remains from those long ago days of glory?  Well back in the day it was rare to have a camera around.  It was sort of a special event when you got your picture taken.;  Nowadays people take what, fifty photos a day, half of them of themselves.  What happens to those photos?  Surely people don't have like five years of photos in their phones.  Well maybe they do, what do I know?  But surely they can't spend much time looking at each individual one or that's all they'd do all day;


I'm kind of for eating bugs.  Practically speaking it makes a lot of sense.  Not that I have ever eaten one,  Not that I wouldn't.  We showed the Beginning of the End where giant grasshoppers attack Chicago here at Marina City lately.  I scrambled about to pick up some fried grasshoppers to go along with the show, googling Mexican and African grocery stores.  I found one who listed them but they were out when I called.  I could have gotten them on the web of course but I only had a couple days before the movie.


I had a friend in Texas who used to quote a line from some movie or book, which went , "Why be poor and stupid, when you can drink and be rich and smart?"  I know for a fact that I am far more witty the more beer I have drunk, and contrary to what that fake news article that Old Dog quotes says, it does not stop at one beer, but goes on deep into the night.  Of course that's only as long as I have somebody listening to how witty I am.  When I get home alone (not owning a camo nookie wagon) I get bored with myself pretty quickly and go to bed.


These stories of our armed forces in Germany during the cold war, make me a little glad that the Russkies didn't launch a sneak attack across the border.  Of course their army was surely just as stupid and drunk all the time to boot, but maybe vodka, unlike beer, just keeps those creative juices going.


Well we're still here this morning.  But I'm glad to be living where I am and not in Guam.

No comments:

Post a Comment