Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Mexicans and Russians

It is my understanding that, when the US took all that land from Mexico, the Mexicans who were living on it became American citizens. I suppose that, if any of them wanted to remain Mexican citizens, they would have had to move to what was left of Mexico, but I don't know if any of them did. Those people are all dead now, but their descendants, being born in the US, are still American citizens. I was not counting any of those people as Mexicans when I said that most of the Hispanics in Arizona are not supposed to be there.

Actually, I don't know what percentage of the Hispanics currently in Arizona are there illegally, but there must be a lot of them because the State of Arizona incurred the wrath of the PC crowd when they tried to enforce the immigration laws a few yeas ago. I think they ended up being forbidden to do that by the Supreme Court, who determined that immigration laws are the exclusive domain of the federal government. Arizona argued that, since the feds weren't enforcing the laws like they were supposed to, Arizona had the right to do it for them, but the court did not agree. Now we have a president who is actually trying to enforce those laws, but it remains to be seen if the courts will let him do his job.

Although I don't follow it as closely as you guys do, I am aware that new stuff about that Russian thing is coming out every day. It's hard to tell, though, because the new stuff sounds a lot like the old stuff: One of Trump's people talked to some Russians. What's illegal about that? We are not at war with the Russians, and I'm sure that lots of people who were not working for Trump have talked to Russians over the years without being investigated. Well, there was that hacking business but, last I heard, it had not been proven that the hackers even were Russians or, if they were, that Trump's people had anything to do with it. If something like that turns up in our local news media, I certainly will pay attention. I am relying on you guys to tell me if it turns up on Fox or CNN because I don't have time to watch that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment