Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

hill of beans, mountain or molehill?

Single guys, especially single guys who have been single for a long time, have a problem.  When Beagles comes up with some tomfool idea he has the hypothetical wife to tell him that is the stupidest thing she has ever heard and then he can drop the idea, but  Old Dawg and myself we just keep plowing along in our tomfoolery.

Sheriff Joe won many elections, but he lost his last one.  As far as the Mexicans not supposed to be there, Arizona was part of Mexico until the Americans came there with their guns and took it away.

As far as the Hilary investigations not going anywhere, there turned out to not be much there there and the reps dropped it like a hot potato once they won the election.  As far as the Russian investigations going nowhere, there is plenty of there there, new stuff is popping up like microwave popcorn every week, but I guess you don't notice that if you are just paying attention to the weather.

You can travel to Canada with a spiffy enhanced driver's license if you travel by land or sea, but not if you are flying, and not if you have a DUI on your record.

Speaking of which, flying, not the DUI, I have to remember to print out my boarding pass this morning.  I will be flying to Kansas City early tomorrow morning for a semi annual visit with beer drinking buddies in Rolla in the middle of the show me state.  I'll be missing my Friday and Monday postings.

Getting back to the hill of beans, which amounts to, I guess, a Trumpendectomy (I wonder if the media will pick up this term, it has a ring no?), Beagles may be on to something.  I am sure the regular reps would love to do it, but are too scared of the deplorables to do it.  Roger Stone and Jim Bakker are threatening an insurrection if they try it.  Not that either of these guys amounts to a hill of beans, but there is that drip drip thing.

Some guy for the Heritage Foundation was just on the radio talking about the upcoming tax reform battle and he said that Trump will be taking a more activist role in this battle.  Inasmuch as Trump in his activist role chiefly insults and threatens the republican congress I am sure they are thrilled.  As far as how the revenue lost by slashing corporate taxes the answer is closing loopholes and trickle down.  Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment