Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Canine Confusion

Uncle Ken seems to have gotten his dogs mixed up. In his last post, he attributed to me some things that Old Dog said and vice-versa. He got it straight in his last paragraph, so maybe he finally came to his senses. Don't feel bad, I understand that a certain amount of memory loss is normal at our age. My hypothetical wife and I get by because, together, we have the memory of one person. I don't know what to tell you single guys.

Our two local TV news channels basically recycle Friday's news on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes even Monday. The only thing that changes is the weather report, which is the main reason I watch the news anyway.

I have read several times that Sheriff Joe is really popular in Arizona. Well, maybe not with the Hispanics, but most of them aren't supposed to be there anyway.

I still think that this Trump-Russian thing isn't going to amount to a hill of beans. They're just going to talk, talk, talk about it until Trump leaves office. That's what happened to Hillary's email thing, we haven't heard much about it since she lost the election. It never ceases to amaze me how the media get all excited about something and then, one day, you notice that you haven't heard about it lately, and you can't remember when was the last time you did.

Michigan has a new thing now, and all the states are supposed to get it eventually. It's called "real ID", which means, I guess, that our old IDs were all fake. It's an optional thing, when you renew your driver's license you can fill out a form and show them your birth certificate and they put a star in the corner of your new license. At some future date, you will need this if you want to fly anywhere in the country, but it won't get you into Canada. For that you will still need a passport or an enhanced driver's license. The old fake IDs will still be good for everything else. I doubt that I will ever fly again, but I got it anyway because it's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment