Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

sleeping soundly like a democrat

I'm sure I've told you that in my misspent youth I was a republican.  i don't think that I was too crazy about Tricky Dick, who was?  Nobody liked the guy but he kept on getting elected.  But when Kennedy was nominated it seemed like every Catholic in Gage Park High was for him, that didn't seem quite right to me so I backed Tricky Dick.  Thankfully i was too young to vote so I don't have that memory keeping me awake at night. 

The votes from blacks who vote for Obama because he is black probably match the votes of white people who vote against him because he is black.  Black racism is kind of diffuse though.  I think that if somebody in a black crowd muttered "Fuck a bunch of white people," there would be a lot of nods, but they don't have armed organizations like the kkk and the neonazis and those identity groups.

Sometimes I will copy something and by the time I navigate to where I want to paste it that little box doesn't offer me that option.  If I do it again it usually works, maybe I didn't do it right the first time, and maybe it got lost in cyberspace, who knows?  In cyberspace sometimes things work and sometimes they don't and we just get used to it.

I don't get that $35 option in your pre no fault insurance.  If the state could track the guy down why didn't they just make him pay the insurance?  If they couldn't track the guy down then why would he even pay the $35?  The way I remember liability was that if you smashed some guys Caddy your insurance would pay for his damage, but not yours.  It was cheaper, but if you hit a tree you got nothing, on the other hand if your car wasn't worth much you were better off saving money on your insurance.  When I was young I couldn't wait to have a car, but after a few years of beaters and nothing but trouble as far as repairs and insurance and gas, i was glad to chuck the whole thing.  It's been forty-five years since I've owned a car and I haven't missed it a second.

The old Cook County hospital is still standing, it was a handsome building in its time and they are trying to find a use for it.  Before it was abandoned they built a new one.

Do we have to go over this again?  When Obama was doing Obamacare he wanted single payer which would have paved the way to the socialized medicine which seems to be what you crave, but maybe not under that name.  But your republicans, the guys you turn out to vote for every election, but refuse to accept responsibility for things that they do that you don't care for, would never let that happen.  So Obama had to cut that deal with the insurance companies to get a system which is not that hot, but still better than what we had before because unemployed and people with pre-existing conditions can now get insurance, and money is being saved.  So anyway I don't think you can blame Obama for faults in his program which are only there because the people you voted for obstructed him from getting a better plan.

No more debates but last night CNN had a town hall. I dropped in a bit between Modern Family reruns and saw Lyin' Ted who somehow manages to make evil boring.  When Trump was on of course he had my undivided attention.  You never know what he is going to say and things just spin around and around and i am memorized.  The arguments about the wives, you know neither of them really want to talk about it, but the other guy started it so they both go on and on.  I didn't stick around for Uncle Johnny Kasich because I can only take so much Ohio, Ohio, Ohio.

The upshot was that neither of them will support the other if they lose.  We dems throughout the nation smiled smugly, turned off the tube and went to bed for the sleep of the just.

No comments:

Post a Comment