Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Okay, Now It's Over

 Well, it won't officially be over until the Board of Canvassers in each state does whatever it is they do to make it official but, for all practical purposes, it's over.  Trump's legal challenges might uncover some irregularities, but I doubt it will be enough to change the outcome.  

In Michigan, the Republicans were able to maintain their majority in the state legislature, but not in the state supreme court. According to our local paper, Cheboygan County voted overwhelmingly Republican, which is what they usually do.  The map I saw the other day showed that most of the rural counties in Michigan went red, it was only the urban counties that went blue, which is also par for the course. 

The COVID crisis hit close to home when my brother-in-law died of the virus yesterday.  He had been in a nursing home with Parkinson's disease for the last five years.  Last I heard, about 50 others in the same home tested positive, but I don't know if any of them have died besides my brother-in-law.  As far as I know, the home has been following all the procedures, but they had this outbreak anyway.  

Sorry Uncle Ken, but I didn't make any sense out of your poem.  I'm not much of a poetry fan except for Robert Service and Rudyard Kipling.  

"A bunch of the boys was whoopin' it up in the Malamute Saloon.                                          The kid that handled the music box was hittin' a jag time tune.                                                 Back of the bar in a solo game sat Dangerous Dan McGrew                                                   And, watchin' his luck, was his light of love, the lady that's known as Lou."

Now that's poetry!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment