Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2020

bathrooms and where are those bios?

 I found another comment from Free Tim.  This was in reply to a post from Tim that I found following a September 13th 2017 post of mine titled Arguing like a Beagle.  I would suggest that Free Tim just comment on current posts because we don't always remember what we were talking about 3 years ago.  Even as I speak he is being promoted to a Fellow so he can post directly so that shouldn't be happening again.  But since he did take the effort to make that comment I will post that here again.

Well, some would say why are two bathrooms even still A Thing, in most homes there is one bathroom and everyone uses it it's not A Thing, until then those same parents get together to fund a school and suddenly it's suddenly segregation by apparent-gender and Woe To Any Kid who happens to look a little like the other gender. The Third Bathroom thing is to give some kids safety from being picked on, I get that and it feels like a good thing. Aren't the parents "solving" a problem they created with the two-bathrooms thing?


Say, why not just have one, huge, bathroom for all the kids in the first place and simply put toilets (not urinals) in it? There would be more space for everyone due to not needing three sets of door entries. Toilet stalls typically have doors, the kids could just close their individual door while peeing. Just let them pee!
My utility box has an icon of a wrench on the outside of it, because inside there are... wrenches. Why do we put icons of humans (instead of icon of a toilet) on the outside of restrooms?


Food for thought, I'm not a school teacher I'm sure they'd have a different angle on it.


btw THIS posting has a comment on it. :) cheers , FreeTim


I remember back in the early seventies back before the transgender wars as a bow to women's rights all the hip bars went to having unisex bathrooms, just because having separate johns was considered sexist.  It wasn't really any problem and that still goes on in like the very pc coffeshop I used to visit every Saturday morning before my watercolor class.

I guess it gets to be more of a problem in places like train stations where you have to serve a lot of people.  My sister says that in Europe all big bathrooms are unisex with the toilets like in separate rooms.  Myself I love those urinals that are packed with ice but you hardly ever see that anymore, and I would prefer urinals to bowls, but I guess I could get along without them just to get along.

As a substitute teacher I have plenty of stories about taking the kids to the bathroom, but I will leave them for now.

And hey guys, where are those bios.  If you guys don't write them yourselves, I will write them for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment