Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2020

Big Blow in Beaglesonia

 Big windstorm in Northern Michigan yesterday.  There was a little rain and snow associated with it, but the big news was the wind, gusts up to 50 MPH on the Lake Michigan shore.  I don't think it blew that hard in Cheboygan, but it was enough to knock out our electricity for three hours.  Traverse City had so many trees and power lines down that some of their streets became impassable.  As of today's evening news, there were still thousands of households without power throughout the region, but only 260 of them were with our power company, which serves portions of three or four counties.  It was still pretty breezy today, but not like yesterday, only gusts of 20 MPH or so.  The good news is that the wind is predicted to be calm by morning, and no rain or snow for at least a week.

We weren't exactly freezing when our gas furnace was out, I fired up the wood furnace a month or so early.  We usually don't burn wood this time of year because it's too hard to control.  Also I'm a little short of wood this year and I wanted to save it for when it gets really cold.  

That guy who traveled 1600 miles to buy a 2017 probably wanted a stick shift, I seem to remember that was the last year they made them.  I wanted a stick shift too, but not that badly.  Now that I'm used to it, I don't mind my automatic at all.  They make them a lot better now than they did in the 50s you know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment