Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

election day



 

When Old Dog cites the Norfolk and Western Railway can I assume that he is familiar with the work of O Winston Link, the most famous steam photographer in the world and his work with the Norfolk, the last railroad in the USA to be using steam in the mid fifties? 

As I was looking for photos to adorn the ivied halls, I was reminded of a lurid tale associated with this great man.  At some point, after his mission with the Norfolk made him a rich man he acquired his own locomotive and hired a man to keep it running who had an affair with his trophy wife, Conchita, and together they locked him in his basement and sold his photographs and pocketed the money.  

I am sure all these details are exactly write but while googling around I came across a documentary of this sordid affair https://vimeo.com/ondemand/photographerwifelover and there was a trailer and in the trailer was a much younger Judge Jeanine Pirro a wacky inhabitant of late night Fox crazy hour, as a DA, much more attractive and not noticeably loco.

That last item may not mean much to the dawgs, but when I come back from the Ten Cat on a Friday night a little too buzzed to do anything useful I tune into Fox and there she is older, more bloated, irate, and decidedly more bull goose looney than in her DA days.

I'm thinking of going out to the Ten Cat this Friday.  It will be a little warmer, maybe it will be okay in the beer garden.  I wonder what Jeanine Pirro will have to say then.

Big line at the polling place this morning, line not moving, don't know what is going on.  I'll come back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment