Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2020

links

 I didn't mean for Beagles to read the whole article from Washington Post (not Loyola) that was just a reference to where I got those two paragraphs from.  I should have put them into italics like I usually do.  The link was just to say where they come from in case you wanted to check up on them.  

I totally agree that it is not likely to happen.  I know the recounts will show nothing.  I know the lawsuits are baseless.  I do worry a little bit about Trumpists throwing up a shitstorm and somehow in the aftermath there will be Trump with his smug grin, or more likely Moscow Mitch with his sly one.  I worry about that less now that several republican office holders have come out in favor of letting Biden have that security briefing, though one still has to wonder about all of them avoiding admitting that Biden won the election,


What Canada has is the single payer.  What Obama wanted to slip in towards the end was the public option where the govt joins in the market place for insurance and because it does not need to turn a profit is the cheapest, and therefore almost nobody is going to choose any other insurer and that is likely to drive all insurance companies out of business so you end up with single payer which is what Canada has. 

I was going to copy the whole article into a post to make it easier reading, but there are all these photos and blogspot goes crazy when you add alien formatting to its posts and after about an hour I am going to have to admit that I could not make that work,  

It is an excerpt from Obama's upcoming book, and there is some irrelevant stuff.  He probably makes himself look too good like we all do when we write about ourselves but he freely admits that he made mistakes along the way.  He is a good writer, so it is well-written, and it gives a pretty good explanation about how Obamacare came to be.  

I urge you to at least give it a try.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/11/02/barack-obama-new-book-excerpt-promised-land-obamacare


No comments:

Post a Comment