Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2020

I Stand Corrected

 Uncle Ken told me to spend five minutes with the Google Machine, which I did, and that's what I came up with.  Now he gives me several other links to read.  I spent about an hour reading about half of the first one, the one from Loyola, then I skipped ahead to the closing paragraph.  That's all I have the energy for tonight.  The other links will have to wait, if I live long enough, and I am no spring chicken anymore.  At this point, I am willing to concede that Uncle Ken was right about the possibility of a contested election leading to electoral chaos and a constitutional crisis.  Of course, as an wise old philosopher once said,  "All things are possible, but not all things are bloody likely."  Nevertheless, a possibility is a possibility, and should be recognized as such.

I don't believe I've ever said that Obamacare didn't go far enough.  What I did say was that it was a sweetheart deal for the insurance companies.  The individual mandate was the worst part of it, and now that's gone, so the rest of it is probably better than nothing, but not much.  My preference would be something like what they have in Canada, but I don't think that's ever been seriously proposed.  Another option might be free government run hospitals, like the one they have in Cook County.  Small rural counties would never be able to afford something like that, so it would have to be done on the state or federal level.  


No comments:

Post a Comment