Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2020

You Can't Miss It

Google is probably directing you to the corner of the property instead of the actual house.  Try searching in your satellite app by the address instead of by my name.  If that doesn't work, head east out of Cheboygan on East Main Street (US-23) to Butler Road.  Turn right on Butler and turn left at the first road junction you come to, about a mile south.  Do not turn left on Sky Chief, go straight to the dead end and turn right onto our driveway just before the junkyard.  The house has a black roof and there are two red storage buildings kitty corner to the house.  There should be two vehicles parked outside the house, the larger one is my old black truck.  I bought the new red one last October, and the satellite image apparently hasn't been updated since then.  The southern part of the property is actually the highest ground.  The two ditches that demark the east and west property lines flow north to the Lalonde Road ditch, which flows west to the Butler Road ditch, thence north to Duncan Bay.

My wife found some toilet paper at Walmart today.  It's a no-brand generic with four tiny rolls in the package (one package per customer limit).  I didn't think they made those tiny rolls anymore, maybe they found these in the basement of some museum.  It's two ply paper, but its thinner and flimsier than any one ply I have ever seen.  I wouldn't trust it to wipe my nose, much less my ass.  We plan to use it for non-defecatory purposes like wiping water splashes off the bathroom mirror, thus making our good stuff last a little longer.  When will this madness end?

Last I heard, Cheboygan County had three cases and no deaths.  Otsego County to our south has 20 cases, the most in the region.  Presque Isle County to our east still has none that they know of.  Yesterday I said that the top 2/3 of the state only accounted for 80 cases but, the more I think about it, it's probably more like the top half.  The TV news lady said "Northern Michigan", but she didn't say where they drew the line.  The Yoopers call everything south of the Bridge "Down Below",  but we generally reserve that pejorative for everything south of Clare.  The City of Clare calls itself "The Gateway to the North", but I don't know what side of town the fence is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment