Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Eggstravaganza

Tomorrow is Good Friday, the day after that is strangely unnamed,  Easter Eve would be nice and I think it would make some kind of sense because don't you go to bed on Easter Eve and wake up in the morning to your basket and the ever-challenging Easter egg hunt?  And Thursday, Good Friday eve is Eggstravaganza.  Foe five years now me and a few cohorts boil up like a hundred fifty eggs, I get a mess of those dyeing kits and sacks of Easter candy and we get about fifty people.  A lot of kids, which we don't see much in the towers, grandkids and nephews and nieces mostly I think.  Kids who when they are grownups and happen to be downtown by the river will pass by the towers and remember that time they dyed Easter eggs there.  I cancelled it maybe a month ago thinking i was making a decision, but it didn't matter because now everything is cancelled, even the all-important board meetings. 

So I caught a brief snippet of yesterday's, what are they calling them, briefings yesterday, Trump was going on about who knows what, and then he came up with why hasn't Obama endorsed Biden.  Well Sanders had just dropped out hours before, his body wasn't even cold yet, but no, as he lumbered on, fat jowls grinding, Trump said maybe Obama had a reason for not endorsing Trump, a reason that the American people did not know.  But, Trump did.  Well sort of, in his own words: He knows something that you don't know, that I think I know. But you don't know,

A classic Trump move.  You know I hate to give Trump credit for anything more than the id of a three year old, but he is talented at the drive-by smear.  Note that there is nothing specific charged against Biden, just a mystery that only Trump knows and that he will never tell.  It's pretty clever in its insidious way, now when Obama does endorse Biden it will be because Trump forced his hand, because he was afraid that whatever this thing was, that the people don't know, but that Trump does know because he is so smart, but will never reveal, because, you know, he hates to cast aspersions.

I just see this thing as having legs and I wanted to get the credit for pointing it out early.  But of course I have been wrong many times before.

Sorry for hopping so far off the bunny trail to bring you a sordid tale of Trump.

Every Easter me and my sisters would get Easter baskets, kind of the equivalent of the Christmas stocking, mostly candy, maybe some plastic thingamajig, all resting on Easter grass.  For some reason, even though it would soon be in the trash bin I liked the Easter grass, and the thrill of the Easter egg hunt, but then you had to put on your stiff nice clothes and march off to Elsdon Methodist, never too crazy about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment