Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2020

the fourth Monday

I remember my folks yelling at us kids to not use so much toilet paper which we did because of, you know, ick.  Not only did toilet paper cost money but if you used too much you would stuff up the toilet.  Double ick.

I wonder about the toilet paper shortage in Cheboygan.  Wouldn't you think that once the panic buyers had stuffed their houses things would get back to normal.  Maybe they just get in a mode where even if the spare room is floor to ceiling whenever they see the item they can't help but snatch it up, you know like those gun nuts who have a couple dozen guns because they go shopping every time a dem wins an office. 

My sister sewed me a mask,  Actually it's pretty cool because it has cats all over it and I am a crazy old cat man and don't care who knows it.  Early last week I went out with that bandanna and noted that only one in seven was wearing one, but this weekend as I was going out for my Friday eggplant parmigiana sandwich and my Sunday barbacoa burrito more than half of the people I passed were wearing masks.  They do nothing to protect you but somehow it just feels safer.  Well and you are putting your shoulder a little bit to the wheel, because there is that outside chance that even though you feel fine you might  be packing the corona, and in that case you are protecting them.

Staying at home does not only protect you, but it puts your shoulder to the wheel a bit.  I gave blood early on, that was a bit of my shoulder.  I signed up to volunteer to make trips to the store for anybody who is incapacitated, but I've never been called.  I feel like I should be doing more.

I've had a hard time tracking this.  You can find how many died today and what the total is, but it's hard to find out how many died day by day.  I finally found one on wiki. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Illinois  I'm looking for some kind of leveling off, but I'm not seeing any and all sources seem to indicate that there won't be any for a week, likely more. 

Those theatrical briefings are still going on.  Since I watch CNN all day, mostly it's just on while I do something else and the briefings pop up around suppertime.  I used to watch them just for the circus of them, but it's just the same circus over and over.  The first time you see one of those shows where people throw chairs you might think wow, they are throwing chairs, but after four or five tosses you tend to get bored.

This is the fourth Monday.  I'm getting bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment