Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Two Women

One odd thing about Stormy Daniels coverage is that in about half the stories about her there is a little aside saying that her real name is Stephanie Clifford.  I had to look it up because even though I've heard it a hundred times I'm always zoned out at that point because WHO CARES?  Other entertainment stars (I was looking for an adjective to distinguish mainstream stars from adult stars, what would it be, non-adult, child?  I guess you could use mainstream like I just did, but it's not really satisfying, there are lots of stars who aren't mainstream but are still, um, non-adult) change their names all the time, and nobody makes a big deal out of it.

I can see the Stormy part.  I believe there was a Tempest Storm, back in our days.  A little redundant, but that's probably a good thing.  But why Daniels?  The google machine says she was originally Stormy Waters which makes a little sense but changed it Daniels to honor Jack Daniels which doesn't make sense.  Here's an idea, why didn't she name herself Danielle Boobs, and wear a coonskin cap to appeal to us baby boomers?

I also asked google if she gave the $130,000 back, and indications were that she planned to, but I'm not sure if she ever actually has.  Actually I'm not sure where that particular lawsuit or whatever it is stands today.  I think even Trump has admitted that he had his two minutes of ecstasy with Stormy, but then he may have taken it back and then Rudy said, well who knows.  Why doesn't he call himself Stormy Giuliani?  Has a ring no?

Avenatti, who I once had a throb for, has fallen in my esteem.  He's been at a couple confabs and seemed to be as interested in attacking his competition as he was in attacking Trump.  Actually he seems like Trump in that if he doesn't have someone to fight with he doesn't know what to do.

Omarosa was I think the biggest asshole that was ever on The Apprentice, so naturally she won Trump's affection.  Trump is one of those guys who says he has a lot of black friends, but he doesn't really, so he tosses Omarosa in some vague outreach program, but it turns out she's too big an asshole for Kelly, and then she mouths off, and the anti-Trumpists take a shine to her, but not for long because she is too big an asshole for them too, and you can't believe a word she says.  There were supposed to be tapes, but it seems like just the two, so her two minutes of fame appear to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment