Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Creepy Crawleys

I have to give that story about earthworm problems in Minnesota some credibility because it comes from a credible source, but I don't want to.  Michigan has a similar climate to Minnesota, and Michigan certainly has earthworms, but I have not heard of them causing any problems here.

That cat parasite thing gives me the creeps.  I have heard that pregnant women should avoid contact with cat poop, but I had no idea that the infestation was so common in the general population.  We don't have any cats now, and the one we used to have went outside to do his business, but my parents had cats, and it was one of my duties to empty the litterbox.  I haven't been prone to taking risks for a long time, but I was more reckless in my younger days, although I never made any money off of it.

Here are a couple of selfies, taken with my trail camera, of me mowing the marsh with my shiny new tractor.  It's an intermittent marsh that usually dries up in the summer.  I mow it once a year to keep it from reverting to brush. I've got plenty of brush on this property, but the only grassland marsh that I have is the one I created.  Wildlife likes a variety of habitat types you know.






No comments:

Post a Comment