Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

Comin' Through the Rye



Here's a better picture of me on the tractor.  What I'm doing is tilling up the rye patch in front of my deer blind.  First I mow it, then I till it, then I broadcast the seeds, then I till it again.  You can see that it's still pretty dry even after the substantial rain we got the last few days.  We're supposed to get some more in the next few days, so I plan to buy the seeds tomorrow and plant them the next day.  With any kind of luck, the seeds will sprout in the next couple of weeks, and then I can spread the fertilizer.  I don't care about the grain, what I want is fresh green grass for deer season in November, when it will be getting scarce in other locations.  It will stay green until the snow buries it, and then will green up again as soon as the snow melts in the spring, another time that natural green grass is in high demand.

Too bad about McCain, he would have made a good president, a solid conservative but with a decent personality.  They don't hardly make them like that anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment