Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Rules and Fools

I think that primitive tribal people had rules, they just weren't in writing because writing hadn't been invented yet.  Now that I think of it, that might have been how the shaman got his job, he was the only one in the tribe who could remember all the rules.  By the way, do you know why all those proto human species became extinct?  They couldn't reproduce because they were all homos. (I make small joke.)

I remember, when I was a kid, I had a plastic model of the Nautilus, the first nuclear powered submarine. The model wasn't very impressive as it was quite plain compared to the models of old fashioned sailing ships and even the naval ships of World War II.  Inside the box, however, was a detailed schematic of the sub's interior.  One day a Russian spy was caught with a copy of that schematic, and there was a big investigation about how he got it because it was supposed to be classified.  Turned out he had just walked into a hobby shop and bought the model.  I don't remember hearing how the model company got the schematic in the first place.  That information itself was probably classified to save somebody from a whole lot of embarrassment.

That stupid Google machine has been locking me out of my account again.  I thought I was done with that foolishness since it had not happened in a couple of months, but now it has happened twice in the last month or so.  I am able to get back in relatively quickly now because I found out the month and the year that I opened my Google account.  Turned out I had never deleted my original "welcome to Google message", which is funny because I usually delete all the old stuff.  They ask me a couple of questions and then send a recovery code to my other email carrier.  After giving them that code, they tell me they will get back to me in 1-3 hours, but I just go have a cigarette and come back, and then I am able to access my account.  The next day I get another message asking me how satisfied I was with the experience and, believe me, I tell them. Not that it does any good, but it makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment