Search This Blog

Monday, August 13, 2018

Sunday morning talk show revelations

Saw Avenatti on the Sunday morning talk shows tossing his hat into the ring.  He was pretty good.  The pundit rattled off issues and Avenatti answered pretty decisively, yes for this, no for that, there were a few things that would take further study, but not many.  His big issue was how he was going to come after Trump harder than the other candidates.  Well this is kind of a mirror image of the reps whose message has consistently been I love Trump and he loves me more than he loves my opponent.  I imagine all the dems will be vying with each other as to who is more anti-Trump.

But I like to think that the dems are more intelligent than the reps, or at any rate their candidates think that they are and more will be required of them than being anti Trump.  On that side Avenatti replied that he was a smart fellow and all those years of lawyering had given him a taut logical mind.  That appeals to the Objective Reality part of me, but now that he is taking concrete steps I have to admit that he scares me a little.

The other Sunday morning show event came from that decadent kewpie doll Kellyanne in the discussion of Omarosa.  Here is another character, her claim to fame being a backstabber on Trump's Apprentice show, so he hired her and now she is backstabbing him. (Isn't there a story about a snake getting a ride across a river?)  Anyway the talk was of some payoff from Trump's people to keep her quiet and Kellyanne casually mentioned the signing of a non-disclosure agreement.  It's well-known that anybody going to work for Trump's companies has to sign one of these, which restrict the signee from ever criticizing him or his family, but it was a revelation that he is forcing people in his government, who are paid by the taxpayer. to also sign one of these.  I expect more will come of this.

What's fascinating about the cat parasite is that if it wakes up in a mouse it endeavors to get back in a cat by messing with the mouse's mind so that it can be eaten by a cat.  Its influence over human brains is just a side-effect, but you have to think there must be several of these kinds of parasites and what effect are they having on us.

I am still puzzled by this card carrying member thing.  I have been a democrat since giving up on the Peace and Freedom party in 1968, voting in almost all of the primaries, and indeed for a brief period of time in Champaign I was a ward committeeman, but they never issued me a card.  I think the phrase comes from the commies.  They had to be secretive so possibly at some point they had to show their card to get in on some meeting or something, but a card, it seems so easy to fake.  I wonder if right now cereal companies are printing cards for membership in the Space Force on their boxes.

My discussion of the us vs them thing is that I was against it.  I thought it was bad for human progress.  What if we Illinoisans thought of Michiganders as them, and therefore we would have nothing to do with them, we would miss the insights of TWB himself, and those photos of him on his tractor, which I have to say couldn't he have gotten some where that snow plow thing does not block out the rest of the tractor.  And is it too much to ask for a photo of him rounding a corner (possibly on two wheels) and waving that cool straw hat in the air?

Illinoisans.  The incredibly fussy blogspot spellcheck didn't like it and I had to look it up.  Michigander is a little better but that 'd' seems a bit too much. How did citizens of each state get their name?  Maybe it is in that well-thumbed tone of Beagles's, How the States Got their Shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment