Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Gaining insight

Given enough time, I'm sure that Uncle Ken can convince me of anything, at least regarding spears.  At the risk of splitting hairs, it could be that I have a different threshold of aesthetic perception; the beauty I see in a simple object is sufficient for my satisfaction.  But then I see that the intricately carved handle of Uncle Ken's spear provides a better grip while hunting.  Well, what do you know, there is more going on than I thought.  I suppose I could whine about how difficult it is to clean, and maybe it is a little time consuming to do so.  But then again, mundane tasks offer the opportunity for meditative contemplation, which is satisfying in it's own right.  Got to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.  There is much more that can be said, but I'll stop while I explore this new point of view.  Well done, Uncle Ken. 

-----

I was watching the Yates hearing but then I started nodding off; too much of the old "I can't comment on that" business to suit me.  I want someone to spill the beans.  But it's a pleasure to see articulate people engaged in their delicate verbal dance, conveying much information without actually stating anything specific.  No wonder Trump fired that gal; she probably scared him shitless.  But none of these investigations are going away; Trump is being bitten in the ass by the Russians but he doesn't feel it yet.  .

-----

Architecture is a fine topic, might as well make it unanimous.  But it's an awfully broad subject, should we narrow it down to begin with, or describe what we mean when we think of architecture?  I think of structures; homes, factories, stores, bridges, just about anything that involves human habitation and/or interaction.  Weak, but it's a start and you guys can do better..

No comments:

Post a Comment