Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

bored with the board

I don't remember unattended loads being a problem in laundromats.  There is more of an every man for himself atmosphere there than in apartment building laundry rooms where all the other users are your neighbors and don't want to risk passing you in the hallway wearing your shirt, I wonder if Beagles could ask his hypothetical wife if anybody ever outright abandoned their laundry.  It's not that much trouble emptying a machine, I just wonder why people would leave their stuff there.

When I first moved in I wanted to be a good condo citizen and went to the first condo meeting that appeared on the calendar and was bored so shitless that I didn't attend another one for twenty years. Maybe five years ago we had this terrible woman who became president when her husband, who was a pretty nice guy, died.  She had the board on her side and she was spending our money like water and there was nothing we could do about it.  But then her term came to an end and we resoundingly voted her out and things are better.  I sometimes go to board meetings now, but they are still pretty boring.  There is a period of time early in the meetings when people can air their grievances.  This is kind of amusing because most of them are crackpots, of course sometimes I am one of the crackpots.

Before our new regime there was a woman who had too many cats and there was an odor problem and she got kicked out.  Then they wanted to institute a rule where you had to register your cats and pay like five bucks a year for the privilege.  I was irate of course, but then the board, through a series of winks and nods communicated to me that they had no intention of enforcing this, they were just doing it to appease some crackpot I assume.


So Beagles fell under some bad influences at the cusp of puberty led astray by bad influences.  Where would we be without bad influences?  I pretty much welcomed them, and I suppose I have been them in some cases.  I wonder if Beagles is intentionally making a joke in his last line about taking matters into his own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment