Search This Blog

Monday, May 15, 2017

Checking in...

A certain amount of disconnected thinking is not uncommon among those of our age.

My thoughts exactly.  One thing about the prolonged discussion about sin has got me wondering about the lack of any mention of forgiveness and absolution.  Maybe I missed it.

-----

I prefer the world culture, it has an earthier tone...


Is that a typo, and Uncle Ken meant "word?"  When I hear "culture" I immediately think of cheese, beer, sourdough bread, and other exemplars of yeasty goodness.  Culture is ever growing, ever changing, not written in stone, and a good description of some aspects of the human condition.

-----

Did World War III already start and I didn't notice?  I read about the recent global "cyber attack" and, frankly, it didn't have any impact on my day to day life.  But it could have, had the attack affected our computer controlled infrastructure.  It screwed up other countries, but I haven't read about any fatalities, so who knows?  Maybe it's fake news; never can tell nowadays.

With all the talk about Russia vs. the US, a recent item about China caught my interest.  The Chinese are investing very heavily in other countries building railroads, bridges, tunnels, power plants, and roads, all in an effort to enhance their economic growth and trade.  It's been compared to the Marshall Plan after WWII, although some of the financing may be dicey.  The Chinese are like that, they plan for the long term, don't mind assuming risk, and are very patient.  Didn't they once say, "may you live in interesting times?"  Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment