Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Voting early and often

There is nothing I can add to the discussion about the voter ID discussion except to state that I have rarely been asked for identification when I voted.  I can't remember when I have been asked, but it's been many decades.  They always check the signature, though.  But the signature of record is very old and has evolved over time, so I don't know how foolproof the system really is, as practiced in my local precinct.

Ah, I just read some stuff about some courts throwing out some voter ID laws in certain states because of their discriminatory nature.  Good for them.

But I wonder how other locales handle voter registration and whether they issue voter registration cards like they do in Chicago.  I just checked my card and it only says "Board of Election Commissioners," no governing body specified.  I know they checked ID when I registered long ago and I keep getting new ones before each election cycle.  Nobody has ever asked to see the card.

I think some kind of consistency in the process would ease  the drama, but then folks would squawk about the intrusion of the federal government.

-----

To keep your flaps updated, Uncle Ken, you can Google CarrotTop's name and KFC.  You will be rewarded with an image of the smiling buffoon in his private plane, with a bucket of the Colonel's finest, knife and fork in hand.

Don't forget the growing flap regarding the issue of mental fitness.  Again, Google "sanity" along with whose name I will not speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment