Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

'Sonians!

Chicago gets a lot of crap for voter fraud, the graveyard vote, and the vote early and often thing, and deservedly so I reckon.  I recall one local election maybe thirty years ago where somebody wanted to inspect the ballots, but it turned out they were in the trunk of somebody's car and then that car was stolen, and when they found it, it had been burned and the ballots with it.  Well shit happens.

But I don't think that shit happens much anymore.  Generally voter fraud is accomplished by stuffing the ballot box, much more efficient than paying guys to come in and pretend to be dead voters.  With most Americans not bothering to turn out to vote you almost admire the scofflaw who would risk getting into trouble and would go to the bother of finding out who was dead and registered and sneak in and pretend to be them.  I consider the fact that nobody had been caught at something lately as evidence that it isn't being done.  Some people always get caught.

I never get asked anything beyond my name when I vote.  Of course I just have to walk down the stairs to get to my polling place.  I wonder if that gives us tower dwellers a higher rate of voting and thus more representation than those who have to do more than throw something over their pjs and slip into slippers to vote.

And what about those who don't vote?  We were talking about those who barely stumble into the polling place and how little they must know and i was wondering if they had ever done a poll on those who don't vote and who they would have voted for, and in the process I looked for turnout in the 2014 election, and it was 36.4 percent.  Even I am shocked.  Well it's a midterm election.

Midterm elections always go against the party that won two years ago.  I wonder if the party holding the presidency is complacent and the other party is more pissed off.  More likely people always like their candidate more when he is running and bashing the other fellow than when he is actually president and has to do something rather than shoot off his mouth.

And those whizbang Michigan driver's licenses make me think of the universal id card.  The subject comes up from time to time lately and some civil libertarians get all fired up against it and i don't know why.  What say you, Sonians?  i just made that up.  Wait a minute, 'Sonians!  Well maybe when we form our political party.

I see where the 'Tarians! had their town hall on CNN, but I was already sleepy enough so i didn't watch it,

And then there were all the flaps to keep up with.  I did notice one in passing about does the amber asshole have Alzheimer, but I think he has always been that way.  You know those armchair psychologists, they give us psych majors with C+ averages a bad name.

Good point there Beagles, why don't they get the vote right the first time they did it, and why are they so sure they got it right the second time around?  I suspect it's human error.  Maybe the count in precinct 22 is 231 and somebody pencils in 213.  And then there is the matter of ineligible ballots.  Is that chad hanging or is it just bent a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment