Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

Validated

Damn!  Uncle Ken does it again: "There is just no clarity any more."  Something new to gnaw on, as the Old Dog crawls back under the porch to think about it...

Forget the mideast for now.  What about the tens of thousands of Russian troops amassing along the Ukranian border, purportedly for a military "exercise?"   Or the heightened tension between Japan and China regarding their territorial waters?  And the Philippines talking about leaving the UN?  The German government is getting ready to tell their citizens to stockpile food and drinking water in case of attack or catastrophe, according to the London Telegraph.  Yikes!  Things are getting out of hand.  Our presidential election is starting to look more like a sideshow and diversion than the main event.   So, yeah, a little clarity  would be welcome.

-----

Mr. Beagles' comment about validation is much in line with my own thoughts, and I'm glad that Uncle Ken agrees.  I was thinking that cat paintings would be his ticket to fame and fortune.  Folks love their cats.

I have a different path to validation, using the gizmos I post to Thingiverse.  Those objects are all things that I've found useful or amusing and I have the conceit that some other people might also find them useful or amusing.  And indeed they do, at least to the extent that they download the files or say they like them.  I also have a bunch of folks, world-wide, who "follow" my work, which is kind of neat.

To continue to toot my own horn, last summer one of the 3D printing news sites had an article about one of my projects (https://3dprint.com/84284/pvc-pipe-construction-kit/), so I can say, in truth, that I have a global, albeit minuscule, reputation.

And since nothing on the internet ever disappears I can take a little comfort in the fact that my crap is immortal, just like the timeless writings of this blog.  Future generations may well ponder the musings of the BeagleBoys...


No comments:

Post a Comment