Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

the swamps of the internet

I was a big mouther offer in high school.  I got in trouble for it sometimes, but it was worth it if I could get a laugh.  That was a big disappointment to me in college.  Nobody mouthed off.  What did those hoity toity suburban school kids do for fun?  I remember in study hall every now and then somebody would let loose with a moo, and others would join in so that whatever poor fool was in charge of the study hall couldn't tell where it was coming from.  Those big college lecture halls would have been perfect places for mooing, but I never heard any.

I don't know about Cheboygan but when I was subbing in Chicago, kids mouthing off at each other (because every comment had to be answered with another comment or a poke) was a way bigger problem than kids mouthing off at the teacher.  At least if they were mouthing off at the teacher it was something the teacher could deal with rather than five or ten little fights all over the classroom, so it was like the teacher wasn't even there.

I wonder about these Chegoygan kids touching each other.  What form did that take?  Was it like play fighting that half the time escalated into real fighting?


Well what else is new?  There have been complaints about all this Trump coverage, and I may have made some of them, but it seems like there is not much going on in the news without his mouthing off.  There are his two new wacky campaign managers and now this flip flop followed by a flop flip on immigration, but on the other hand there is all this Hillary crap, which to my mind is not that big a deal but for her constant lying about it.  Why can't she just say she did it and it was wrong but now she is accepting responsibility.

Then there is this health thing. I suppose it was always brewing in the swamps of the internet, well all sorts of things are always brewing there, but it hadn't reached the clean air of the lamestream media until just lately, where some of these Trump surrogates have been drumming it up.

Let me say something about Trump surrogates.  When other candidates have surrogates they are former officeholders or members of the press, people you have heard about before, so they have a little respectability, a little something to lose if they say something crazy.  But the Trump surrogates are people you have never heard of before, they have no respectability and nothing to lose so they'll say anything, so lately they have been dredging up this sick Hilary junk from the swamps of the internet, and presenting it like it is a discussion between reasonable people (ahem) while in reality it is a fevered dream from the swamps with grainy videos and no documentation.

For awhile there Hilary was soaring in the polls and I was all like well, I knew all along that everybody, well most of the people, would come to their senses eventually, but lately she has been slipping in the polls and I have to admit that I have no idea of what is going on.



No comments:

Post a Comment